1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Pricing in East Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mjealey, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, been a while since I have been on here. Been hibernating for the winter. I need to know what you guys are paying for 1 61" deck, 29 HP Kawasaki Turf Tiger. Went into Mayo's today and they had them for $12599 and wouldn't come off the price at all. Called around a few places and same thing. Seems a little high to me. I am mowing 14 acres that is mostly wide open for a neignbor starting this year and I have looked at everything and set on the TT. Just sold my 08 Snapper Pro S150x with 52 hours for $4,900. Would use it for 7 other yards a week also that are quite large. Want the liquid cooled and DFI since I will be going at it for 5 hrs. straight on this one yard.

I was just curious what you guys are paying around here?

2. touchdowntn

touchdowntn LawnSite Member

Try this dealer. I'm currently talking with them about a Scag. They will definitely have to order a TT, but may work with you on the price and cheaper taxes too! About 1 hour and 15 minutes from the merchants road exit on I-75.
    W.D. BRYANT AND SON - WILLIAMSBURG
    372 SOUTH 5TH STREET view map
    WILLIAMSBURG KY 40769
    Phone: 606-549-2385

3. mjealey

Thanks, I will try to give them a call.

4. toploader4x4

toploader4x4 LawnSite Member

Also try Blount Lawn Center in Maryville, 865-983-6121. I purchased a TT 61/35 from them in Feb. VERY good people to deal with. I thought I wanted the LC 29, price on the 35 is quite a bit cheaper, and the motor has unreal power. Good luck.

5. touchdowntn

Just curious ad to how they quoted you compared to Mayo in Knox?

6. mjealey

I haven't had time to call them yet, I will have time in a little while or tomorrow morning.

7. touchdowntn

I called the powell store and got a quote of 12,250 on a 61/29 fuel injected T.T.

8. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they are a bunch of jokes, I used to think highly of mayo, but now I just don't really care for them at all.

9. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Try the #1 Scag dealer in Tennessee! Boones Creek Outdoor power. (423) 477-0891 or 423-477-8920 I believe they have that price beat all to heck.

10. mjealey

People at Mayo for sure think they are the cats meow. They are pretty cocky, but I just happen to be in the area for lunch. Thanks for all the replies guys, I am going to call those #'s first thing tomorrow morning!