1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

scag pump removal

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mangojoe, Dec 31, 2007.

1. mangojoe

mangojoe LawnSite Member

Is there an easy way to remove a pump from scag stz52? I finally got it out after quite a struggle, but am not looking forward to putting it back in after repair. Is there a tip from someone that has had to remove one in the past. I need easy! Thanks a lot

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Don't have any advice except go to the Scag website and download the manuals for it. Tony

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am curious what made this a big problem.....I got a Scag Tiger. The pulleys can be a problem but I use a puller on them. Putting the pulleys back on under the unit is a little challenge. I think I would put new hub and pulley on that pump and not take any chances with it not tightening up. Sometimes those pulleys can be a little loose and wear.

4. mangojoe

mangojoe LawnSite Member

I guess taking everything apart was the real problem. Did you have to remove the mowing deck? Would that make it easier? Thanks

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't take the pump out just put on a new pulley on the underside. I jacked the unit up about 24" so I could slide under it and did not take the mower deck off.