Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scag is really missing the boat here as far as customer awareness ........ and customer service. They should be represented on this forum.

I was reading with interest the thread below titled "Scag doesn't care". I recently bought a Scag (last week) and like the machine AND the dealer. As a matter of dealers, that was the main reason I went with Scag. JOE'S POWER CENTER is a wealth of information, knowledge, and customer service.

Now....... Scag. In the past month I have e-mailed Scag Corporation from their website a couple times. Their responses appear to be from a person on a lunch break at the moment or a 12 year old, I am not sure which.

Maybe they don't care?

I just hope my dealer never goes away that I would be stuck with Scag alone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been in email contact with Scag 4 or 5 times, with exceptional results every time.

The Scag guy's name is Chris Frame. He is very helpful and knowlegable.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
Chris was always helpful and nice to me. Our Scag dealer is the best in the county. Lots of Scags in use, eXmark is coming in big but still more Scags than anything else.
Eric, then why did you say that Scag wasn't a real mower, if they were giving you good service? Double talk ...

·
Registered
245 Posts
My one contact with SCAG via email received a concise and prompt reply.

Have had to reason to "test the dealer" yet.

I have about 400 hours on a new Tiger Cub 48 and have been very pleased with the quality of cut, ease of operation, and ease of maintenance and adjustments.

THANKS SCAG

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a problem with jungle wheels after they found out the negative publicity they where reciving from my post on message boards they became very coperative. the big problem was i had lost my recipt (i dont need to her "thats why you always keep recipts" 1000 more times.) but after they looked at about 188 views to my post in one day they were very interested in going the extra mile.

·
Banned
458 Posts
Scag has always gone out on a limb for me when something has gone wrong, my fault or not. My dealer who is the largest scag dealer in the state has always done me right. That is all that I have is scag and they have been great mowers. But I demoed a super z not to long ago and loved it, will I buy another scag? who knows.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Originally posted by O P M
Scag is really missing the boat here as far as customer awareness ........ and customer service. They should be represented on this forum.

I was reading with interest the thread below titled "Scag doesn't care". I recently bought a Scag (last week) and like the machine AND the dealer. As a matter of dealers, that was the main reason I went with Scag. JOE'S POWER CENTER is a wealth of information, knowledge, and customer service.

Now....... Scag. In the past month I have e-mailed Scag Corporation from their website a couple times. Their responses appear to be from a person on a lunch break at the moment or a 12 year old, I am not sure which.

Maybe they don't care?

I just hope my dealer never goes away that I would be stuck with Scag alone.
OPM--please pardon me for repeating your whole post. but I couldn't figure out what your *****with SKAG was.

you been contacting them for a month and their 12 year old has been responding. OK.

and now you are wondering if you are gonna have a problem with SKAG...if you have a problem with the SKAG you bought last week?

yeah right. maybe if I buy that exmark I might have a problem with exmark also.

what to do? what to do?

GEO

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Don't know folks, any and every contact with Scag and or my dealer has been handled quickly, politely, and I guess correctly (cause their solutions work).

Maybe it is a matter of approach, attitude, or how question is being asked.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to thank you guys for putting my concerns about Scag to rest. I was worried after all the negative rap they got in the other "thread".

Geogunn, to answer your question concerning my "----- with Scag"; I really do not have one other than the person that answers the e-mails that we send through the web site. His responses are not thought out and seem short sighted (I would be happy to share some of this with you via e-mail, I do not consider this the place to post that correspondence). I guess after answering a few hundred of them a day, I would be that way also?

In my original post, I wanted to comment on the dealer in my area since the "other thread" had blasted them (Scag Dealers) so much. I trust the people in my area.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Originally posted by O P M
I was worried after all the negative rap they got in the other "thread".

Geogunn, to answer your question ...
OPM--thanx for the reply. the point of my earlier post was to ask why would you worry about what you are going to do in case you have a problem.

I just don't approach life that way. In otherwords I am not gonna worry about having a problem with a dealer or manufacturer untill after I have a problem with the mower.

but then I didn't spend the money you did and I don't own a skag either. so what would I know. inanyevent, perhaps with luck you will have few problems and they will be small problems if you do. good luck.

GEO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.