1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

scag ssz purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Hello to all,
    About one month ago I bought a 96 ssz scag 61' cut with a kohler motor 22 hp. Because I live in NY I could not mow with it to really try it out. The machine is in great shape & has 1200hrs on it. I paid $2,600 for it. Just wondering what you think. I know nothing about these machines , but am wondering what to look for. I am use to mowing with my JD4100 tractor, but have used Zturn mowers alot.Any info would be nice. I have read some of the old post about them and I'm wondering if I made the right choice.

2. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I just purchased a Scag SSZ 52 INCH CAME WITH THE MULCH KIT IT HAS 1,000 HRS ON IT 22 HP KHOLER ENGINE I LOVE IT VERY MUCH,I PAID $2,700 FOR IT ....WELL ANYWAYS GO TO YOUR LOCAL SCAG DEALER AND THEY CAN GET YOU A COMPLETE PARTS MANUAL THAT TELLS YOU EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR SSZ AND IT IS FREE THEY GET THE BOOK ONLINE THROUGH THERE COMPUTER... HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT A LITTLE...SO WHAT PART OF NY ARE YOU FROM....I HAVE FAMILY IN UP STATE NEAR MIDDLE TOWN....

3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Ron,
    Thanks for the reassurance that my scag will work out. I live in western NY, South of buffalo on the penn border.

4. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

HEY NO PROB GOOD LUCK IN THE LAWN BUSINESS WE ALL NEED A HELPING HAND IN THIS CRAZY WORLD...