Scag Tiger Cat 2 problem and dealership question

JacobMiracle

LawnSite Member
Hey guys I recently purchased a Scag Tiger Cat 2 in April. Model # STCII-61V-26FT-EFI the mower has 153 hours on it, the issue I’m having is I can start the mower up and throttle up to 3/4 or full for about 10 seconds and it will throw a check engine light and idle down. I have checked my fluids and air filter don’t really know where to go from there. The dealer I bought it from said they were 2 weeks out and I explained I have about 40 properties I take care of and I can not go without a mower that long. They said they can’t give me a loaner so I feel stuck, there is another dealer not far away. My question is would it be possible to take my mower to a different dealership if they could help me out quicker under my warranty if I purchased it from a different dealer? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
Probably the O2 sensor. You can turn the key on and count the check engine light blinks to gather the trouble code.

Our local dealers here also suck. So I drive to Kentucky to buy my equipment to save sales tax and they give HUGE discounts. Why buy local when they don't give good support or take care of their big ticket buyers? I save over $2,000+ per Scag machine just for simply driving to Kentucky!

OP
J

JacobMiracle

LawnSite Member
Probably the O2 sensor. You can turn the key on and count the check engine light blinks to gather the trouble code.

Our local dealers here also suck. So I drive to Kentucky to buy my equipment to save sales tax and they give HUGE discounts. Why buy local when they don't give good support and take care of their buyers? I save $2,000+ per Scag machine by simply driving to KY.
I wish I knew this before I bought it there but you live and learn. What dealer do you use? Also my check engine light only stays solid when I turn it on. I’m not sure about any of this I’m new to lawn service, I enjoy it but wish I did a little homework on the dealer issue.

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
I wish I knew this before I bought it there but you live and learn. What dealer do you use? Also my check engine light only stays solid when I turn it on. I’m not sure about any of this I’m new to lawn service, I enjoy it but wish I did a little homework on the dealer issue.

Read your manual. you have to flip the key on and off 3 times.

AlohaMowing

LawnSite Senior Member
Read your manual. you have to flip the key on and off 3 times.
Hmm. No where in the manual (neither paper nor .pdf version) for my TT2 (model STTII-72V-31DFI), nor the manual for the Kawasaki FD851D, does it mention that. It is good to know. Searching online I have been unable to find anything to help decipher the check engine light blink codes. Anyone have a source for what the codes means?

Top Forums