1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

SCag tiger cub 19hp oil weight?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Wayne Landscaping, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

hey, does anyone know offhand what oil i should change my 19 hp kaw. with? like 10W-30, or something diff. thanks. i lost the manual

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

When i bought my tiger cub the dealer gave me John Deere Turf-Gard 10w-30 oil for it so ive just been using that. You can get it at home dept

3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I've always heard to use SAE 30 in mowers... but I know a few mowers the manual says to use something different. You might want to just contact ur dealer or a scag dealer somewhere near u... just to be safe

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

You Can Download The Manual On The Scag Website. My Scag Recomends Sae 30 If It Is Regular Oil And 10w30 If It Is Synthetic. I Use Mobil 1 10w30 Full Synthetic And Have Had Good Results.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

SAE-30 is recommended for your engine however 10w30 or 10w40 can be used depending on weather conditions. If you do use a multiweight oil such as 10w30 they say to check the oil level more often as these engines supposidly consume more 10w30 than SAE 30. I run 10w30 fully synthetic in mine and it doesnt use any oil at all from what I can tell.

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

10-30 Amsoil (1.8 qt) on both 17 kawi FH500v & 23 Kawi FH680v.
    The 17 kawi has been getting Amsoil since July 2004, and has been faithfully cut like race horse!

7. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

thanks guys

8. Runzwiscizzers

Runzwiscizzers LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have less than 10 hours on my Scag Cub, and for the first oil change, I am going with Mbil 1 10W30

9. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I run Quaker State 10W-30 in all of my Kawasaki engines...I've had no problems at all so far! The mechanic at my dealer recommended 10W-30 over SAE 30 for Kawasaki and Briggs engines.

10. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

TEN w THIRTY ALL DAY LONG