• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Scag tiger cub and doubles

bart may

LawnSite Senior Member
I just got my new 19/48 tiger cub. We are just starting mowing this year so the grass wasn't very deep. I found that it was blowing out chunks of grass even though it wasn't that deep. I took off the baffle system to accomodate deeper grass and still had some trouble. Would doubles solve this problem? I don't know if it just the new lush growth or something else. I'm trying this mower instead of my toros which don't clump at all in deep stuff. I was hoping that the scag would produce finer clippings though, which I can see it already does. Any advice on the clumping problem would be appreciated.

OP
B

bart may

LawnSite Senior Member
Sorry guys I accidently put on the wrong forum, could someone change this for me?

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
mine clumped a lil this am but i was cutting a heavy dew and the grass had a lot of clover in it, plus the new growth has alot of moisture in it. I think it will be fine after I cut everyone the 2nd time around and the grass is more level and uniform