Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing a new tiger cub with 52in deck and 23hp briggs vangaurd. Anyone have this set up? What do you think of this machine? I will do mostly residential with it but have a few big commercials too. Is the powerful enough?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looking at purchasing a new tiger cub with 52in deck and 23hp briggs vangaurd. Anyone have this set up? What do you think of this machine? I will do mostly residential with it but have a few big commercials too. Is the powerful enough?
If you are going to include commercials with that mower, you might want to reconsider and look at a Scag Wildcat.

·
Registered
226 Posts
To bad your not in this area, my dealer has a Tiger Cub, brand new, 0 hours, 48" deck and I believe a 25 Kohler for 6300$ out the door. He needs to move it before the fall and is willing to let it go for just about any price.

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
TC and Wildcat are basically the same other then some standard options and larger engine options on the Wildcat. Same frame, same deck, tanks, pump and motors basically the same mower with different options.

I'm happy with my TC.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Not enough engine for a 52" deck IMO, I ran the Scag Tiger Cubs 48" velcoty deck 20hp Kohler, and 20hp was not enough hp period; were slugs mulching wet thick bermuda grass, when it was dry the performance was bumped up to satisfactory nothing special or amazing, got the job done, had to double cut many accounts. Side discharging gave the best results, but we only did that on wide area's. Check out the BB mowers their ZTR line up offers far more engine options for the deck size your wanting to run. But if your "hung-up" on the Scags I would opt for the smaller 48" deck & 23hp in the Tiger Cub line.

Like I have said before Mulching requires the most HP/Torque for the deck size you can get your hands on in a ZTR model. I would go with the smaller 48" deck in the Tiger Cub if you have your heart set on that model

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 61" TC w/ 25 Kohler is doing fine. Then again, I side discharge everything. $1000 more would have gotten me the Wildcat w/ 27 Kohler or watercooled Kaw. Differences between the Wildcat and 52" - 61" Cub are adjustable control levers, hydro cooler, and no-flat front tires. For my application, the extra expense wasn't justified.

Lovin the Cub

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
My 61" TC w/ 25 Kohler is doing fine. Then again, I side discharge everything. $1000 more would have gotten me the Wildcat w/ 27 Kohler or watercooled Kaw. Differences between the Wildcat and 52" - 61" Cub are adjustable control levers, hydro cooler, and no-flat front tires. For my application, the extra expense wasn't justified.

Lovin the Cub
I'm right there with ya. Lovin my TC.

Also, my TC came with the adjustable bars. The dealer when I told him to get it said that the model/package came with them. When I picked it up, they were not on it so I asked him why and he said he'd make it right. So technically they don't but mine now has them. :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
What makes the Wildcat that much better than the Tiger? Are the wheel motors and hydro pumps larger? Most of the frame and decks looks almost the same. Maybe some more engine options?
Cub and Wildcat share the same pump and motor setup. The frame is the same.
Wildcat gives you two more pony's.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
To bad your not in this area, my dealer has a Tiger Cub, brand new, 0 hours, 48" deck and I believe a 25 Kohler for 6300$ out the door. He needs to move it before the fall and is willing to let it go for just about any price.
Wow did not know Kohler put a 25hp Kohler in the Tiger Cub & 48" deck, I could only get the 20HP Kohler when I was using Scags.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I understand that. However, you could get a Wildcat with the big hp.
It's buy no accident either, Scag is not the only Dealer guilty of this practice Went through it with my Walker purchase had to order the 26EFI or diesel plus the extra "destination" charges that are tacked. One reason I really have come around on the Bad Boy's the Dealers have the Higher HP models in stock, and priced to sell. I think Scag tells the Dealers what models and the engine& HP their getting to sell:laugh: u

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.