1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

scag tiger cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenrhino72, Jul 19, 2011.

1. greenrhino72

greenrhino72 LawnSite Member
    from nc

I have opportunity to get a 2008 tiger cub with hurricane mulch kit with only 75 hrs for $5300 . It has the 23 briggs vanguard and 52 in deck.Is this a good deal or an ok one? underpowered? Theres not a thing wrong with it hardly a scratch has been well taken care of.What do you think?

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

See if you can get it for under 5k. Sounds like a good mower. I have a Cub with a 61" deck. The V+ deck cuts good anywhere. Not sure on the 23 VG engine. It's probably worth the 5k+ they want but it IS 3 going on 4years old. Are you buying from a dealer or private owner?

3. greenrhino72

from nc

private. He did't know i was coming a dealer gave me his number and he lives near me and i stopped at his house and it was very clean. Can tell he took very good care of it.Briggs not my first choice and would like more hp but i dont really need it just wanting it...more is almost always better you know.

4. greenrhino72

from nc

Dealer offered him 5000 without mulch kit. I would have gotten one seperately ($300) anyways plus its installed already.

5. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

The 23 vanguard should be plenty on that deck. If it were a briggs els or pro series I might say no, but the vanguard is pretty stout. I have a 24 Kawi on my 52" and it does great.

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Only thing, you can get a brand new bad boy 23hp vanguard 50" czt for $5899 with a mulch kit full retail, I don't think the bobcat or gravely is much more than that, thats brand new with full warranty. Its working on 4 years old. I sold a 2008 Tiger Cat here for $3500 here last season, but it had 200 hours on it.

7. greenrhino72

from nc

not many bad boy mowers around here .Only place ive seen them is at tractor supply and all they had was a couple of the lower end models.

8. greenrhino72

from nc

I would have been all over the scag u had. Most used mowers around here have around 1000 hrs and look it.

9. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I am fixin to get it back, it went to a homeowner that couldn't afford a new mower, but he just came in the other day and wants a new Outlaw, just pm me a message so I will remember, and I will give you first dibs on it...
    Oh, and on the badboy, I have sold well over 500 here in 4 cutting seasons, they are all you see on a trailer, they blow everyone away right now, the Outlaw is a sick mower for the price... its funny, any negative I have ever heard about one they fix, they are awesome. I am having a hard time trying to find another brand to sell, right now they all want me to be a dealer, and I would like to be a full line dealer for one other brand, just haven't found the one I like yet...