Scag Turf Tiger II price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CRC Lawns, Jun 14, 2018.

1. CRC Lawns

CRC Lawns LawnSite Member

Hey everybody. We are in the market for a new ztr. I have my eyes on a new Scag TT II. My local dealer has one with the BV 35hp engine. He wants $12,000 but I think I can get hime down to $11,500. Is that a fair price? What should I expect to pay?

2. Bilrus61

Bilrus61 LawnSite Member

Here in Glasgow KY my TT2 with the 35 brigs was 11,400 before taxes. I've got 6 hours on it now and man it's a lawn mowing beast. Check and grease all 3 spindles. One of ours seemed to be without grease. Lucky we caught it before we mowed a minute with it. Lower the air in your tires. They come pumped up to pop. Not been able to check my fuel use but it mows fast and that needs to be taken into account. It's not how much fuel it uses per hour it's how much lawn it mows per gallon that really counts. I don't use the footbrake, I just hold down the little grey button behind the brake release lever while I turn the key. Works great.

3. Guitargain

Guitargain LawnSite Member

I live in NE Florida. I am going to buy a TT II probably next spring or summer. Talked to my local dealer and the TTII with 35 Vanguard is $11,500 and the TTII with 37 EFI Vanguard is $12,000.

There is a dealer about 35 miles away that a friend of mine uses and I could probably get it for about $600 cheaper there but the local dealer is very good at taking care of his commercial customers and when you bring your mower in he bumps you to the front of the line and usually does it right then and there. To me that's worth just buying it from him.

4. Traveling Man

Traveling Man LawnSite Member

You are in the ball park for that machine and I know you will be happy with it.

5. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

For $500 difference, I'd take the 37hp EFI Vanguard every time. If it was $1,500 difference, I'd have to think about it. But $500 difference would be an easy decision.

Guitargain and morty60 like this.
  6. Traveling Man

I have the 35HP Vanguard but would have upgraded to the 37HP EFI for an additional $500.

7. CRC Lawns

CRC Lawns LawnSite Member

I dont know if my local dealer will only charge $500 extra for the 37 efi. If that is the case, I will definitely do that. I did not ask him about that. I only asked about the 35 because that was the one he had in stock. I will definitely ask next time I’m there. How much more fuel will the 35hp use over the 37?

8. Traveling Man

My Vanguard 35HP is burning about 1.5-1.8 gallons per hour cutting grass that is not too high or thick. It is tolerable to me but I'm not cutting grass 40-50 hours a week.

9. Guitargain

Guitargain LawnSite Member

I meant to say that it will be the 37 efi for sure when I buy.