Scag Turf Tiger - Kohler 747

JRT812

LawnSite Member
EC2F012C-6949-437C-8908-B62D82845176.jpeg
trying to figure out the fuel issue my mower is having or at least that is what a scag guy told me it sounded like.

Anyways I am having trouble getting these two top bolts to seat in this picture. Any suggestions?

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
loosen the bottom ones almost all the way out, hand thread top ones. Are you sure it will fit? Do the holes line up?

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Fuel pump arm rides on a lobe in engine. Try turning engine a quarter of a turn at a time to ease installation of the pump.Use an inspection mirror if necessary to see what I'm talking about. Good luck.

OP
J

JRT812

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the direction and I think I may have it figured out. Anything else fuel related I should focus on? I changed the fuel filter blew this out ( which there was nothing to blow out)

System is a major bog when trying to cut anything especially going up a incline.

Engine sounds healthy and starts fine hot or cold. Oil is good and no bog throttling up. Bog only happens when I begin to cut

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Just check all of the normal weak points; spark plug, condition of spark (blue) fresh fuel,etc. Worked on a twenty year old tractor, no spark, installed a new coil, ran great and mowed grass for a hour. The next week, would not start, fuel pump stopped working, changed that out and it's good to go. All you can do is keep the fluids and filters clean along with blowing out cooling fins when they get dirty. If you see something wrong when checking oil, don't ignore it! I find that if I show some TLC to my equipment I'm more likely to fix things quicker and then less big problems. Good luck and happy mowing.