Scag v ride 2 vs cub cadet pro x 654

Shoptech

LawnSite Member
Narrowed it down to about the only 2 mowers in stock locally within the category im looking in. First is a cub cadet pro x 654 with the 29hp efi kawi engine. dealer is 5 minutes from house and seem super nice the service department also seemed extremely helpful.Only con im thinking is the size of the 54” deck may be over kill and cause scalp issues with some smaller yards.
Second mower is a scag v ride 2 48” with the 22hp kawi. Dealer is roughly 20 minutes away but also super nice and seem like a great dealer. I think the 48” will be a better all rounder for a first stander but a little under gunned on a very large commercial account im about to close on. Has many found that a 52” or 54” deck is over kill and causing scalping issues on residential yards? Or would it not cause a problem? Also cub cadet vs the scag? Which one would yall go with? Scag out the door after tax is $9500 the cub cadet out the door after tax is $10500

OP
S

Shoptech

LawnSite Member
Scag is known for manufacturing top-of-the-line mowers.

Cub Cadet is known for manufacturing garbage

even their new pro line up? I know they had some initial good reviews but i haven't seen any hard used ones to compare to the demo videos on youtube.

Does the cub have the same stupid 6 star blade holes like the cheaper ones someone posted about the other day?

Scag for sure
not sure on this were those blades causing an issue?

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
even their new pro line up? I know they had some initial good reviews but i haven't seen any hard used ones to compare to the demo videos on youtube.

not sure on this were those blades causing an issue?
Yeah a guy was looking for some heavier blades but couldn't find any because of the 6pt center hole.

OP
S

Shoptech

LawnSite Member
Here is the thread

interesting. I hate proprietary components. Im going to take a look at the scag in the morning. The dealer is also open on Saturday and sunday which would be good for mw being mowing is a side gig.

Top Forums