Scag Vride 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JDiMassa8, Sep 10, 2019.

1. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Take a look at Ferris. Last I knew they were a good bit cheaper. Some say they are the best standers going right now.

JDiMassa8 and Cam15 like this.
  2. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TX

I think the same about their zero turns as well. They are a force to be reckoned with. I know everyone has a hard on for the 7 iron deck, but I recommend everyone go ride either the is2100 or is3200 and report back.

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Personally, I have no experience with either brand but Ferris is getting rave reviews on line.

4. douglee25

from TX

The is3200 is a beast. It feels like you're cheating it's so comfortable to ride.

sjessen likes this.
  5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Only knock I have read about Ferris is many complain about the cut quality of the 61" deck. Not sure if it is model specific or across the entire line.

6. douglee25

from TX

Honestly I think half of it comes down to deck setup. I'll give you an example. When I bought my 3200, the dealer dropped it off and left. I called him back to confirm they had leveled and setup the deck correctly. He said yes, EVERYTHING was taken care of... Deck leveled? Yes sir, we went over the entire machine.

So I go to use it and I casually took a walk around. The tires looked over inflated. Sure enough the rears were at 45+ and so were the fronts. I aired them down to 15 psi in the rear and 25 psi in the front per the manual. I figured if that was incorrect, I might as well check the deck level. When the deck was set at 4", I found the front blade tips at 4" and 3.5" and the rears at 5" and 3". Could you imagine if I ran the deck like that??

Many users take for granted what the dealers tell them and either lack the aptitude to double check or they just take their word for granted. Generally speaking decks SHOULD be fairly easy to setup to get a nice cut.

Hawkshot99, sjessen and CrumbaughJ like this.
  7. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I tried a 3200 before I settled on my Scag TT2. The ICD deck cut nice if the grass was dry, it didn't seem like to wet grass very much though.

The V Ride 2 you're looking at is a solid machine and the Velocity+ Plus deck, IMO is the best all around cutter deck going right now.

8. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

The ferris z2 is 6500 last I checked.

douglee25 and sjessen like this.
  9. douglee25

from TX

I wonder how well that bad boy revolt stander does? It sure looks like that mower has come a long way.

Cam15 likes this.
  10. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely makes some good standers to.
    There standers are looking like they could compete with Wright.

JDiMassa8, Cam15 and douglee25 like this.