• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Scag VRide Wheel Motor Seal Kit ????

Toro44

LawnSite Member
I have a few scag v rides and 2 of them have leaking wheel motor seals. The wheel motor is made by Parker and has a scag part number of 483388. The problem I’ve got is nobody can seem to find the seal kit. I contacted a scag dealer and a Parker distributor with no luck. Anybody know what the seal kit part # is either from scag or Parker?

DC0FE424-A90A-4C6A-989A-101C4B4AC5EC.jpeg

DMT29

LawnSite Senior Member
Weird neither of them could not come up with a part number for you, especially Scag. I mean, what if you brought it to your dealer for the repair? Have to get the kit from somewhere....

OP
T

Toro44

LawnSite Member
That’s what I thought. Scag has a part number for the motor but not the seal kit. Since it’s not s Parker number they can’t cross reference it either. Seems stupid, for such a simple request. The motor is on the vast majority of vrides, seems like a $400-500 wheel motor wouldn’t always be the answer. I’ve rebuilt hydro gear pumps on scags in the past and never had this issue.

OP
T

Toro44

LawnSite Member
The main issue I might be dealing with is my former servicing dealer that would probably have known the answers to my questions closed shop. They were also a mowing outfit that used the same mowers, they probably would have had the seals on their shelf. I know another top notch servicing dealer where I used to live that may know, I’ll give them a ring tomorrow.

DMT29

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah one dealer has to know. Somewhere at some point in time, someone had to have a leaking wheel motor repaired ;)

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
It may be parker #SK000092... may be . Google that number and check with all the dist. and dlrs that turn up.
That motor looks identical to the ones on Wright standers.
Have you contacted Scag corp. ?

Having worked on many Parker wheel motors ( wright standers ) with leaking seals, I found that the majority of em had worn output shafts and needle bearings, which led to internal seal failure. The outer seal is only to keep dirt from entering the needle brng which is grease packed.
Unfortuneately my 'puter took a dump on me ages ago and I lost all my saved info on Parker, We used a dist. in Maryland ( i think) who would have been able to fix you right up.
Start with that part number SK000092 and dig , dig, dig
Also google the scag number 483388
Good luck
This should get ya the service manual , it has a comprehensive parts listing also. :
TorqmotorTM Service Procedure - Parker Hannifin

Last edited:
OP
T

Toro44

LawnSite Member
@BigFish , thanks, that’s the seal kit I keep running across. I’m probably going to order a new wheel motor to replace the one where the seal has completely failed. I’ll know more once I pull it off, and at that point if a kit is worth my while. If I can rebuild one to have in inventory it would come in handy.

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
If I can rebuild one to have in inventory it would come in handy.
As I mentioned, inspect the output drive shaft carefully. They would wear, brinell/spall where it rode on the needle bearing. The needle brng is std off the shelf, but the output shafts were unavail.
If you search on here you might find pictures that I posted a couple years or so ago.

towtruck212

LawnSite Member
So I had this same problem except the bearing totally took a ****. I hunted and hunted to eventually buy a new wheel motor. I think under the scag tag on the wheel motor is the parker part number. I had a hydraulic shop working on this to get all the stuff for a rebuild and they eventually got all the right numbers. However when they tore the wheel motor apart the shaft was worn to much to rebuild. Long story short, eat the cost and get a new one cuz thats probably whats going to happen.

OP
T

Toro44

LawnSite Member
Talked to scag, the motor is a TE motor. I'm going to try to rebuild one this winter just for kick and see how it goes. I'll update the thread with the seal kit # from parker or scag once I get everything figured out.