scag vs. ferris drive motors and pump

GeorgiaCutter

LawnSite Member
the time has come when i am going to start looking for a full suspension mower, not just the seat. went to the scag dealer and the new mowers only fully isolate the operator. i want the entire mower to have suspension so i am looking at the ferris. what should i expect of the drive motors and pump compared to a scag which is bulletproof? also a little annoying sidenote: my turf tiger doesnt have bypass valves for free wheel.

pugs

LawnSite Gold Member
the time has come when i am going to start looking for a full suspension mower, not just the seat. went to the scag dealer and the new mowers only fully isolate the operator. i want the entire mower to have suspension so i am looking at the ferris. what should i expect of the drive motors and pump compared to a scag which is bulletproof? also a little annoying sidenote: my turf tiger doesnt have bypass valves for free wheel.

Well since almost everyone in the industry uses the same components....they will be the same.

Hydro gear pumps with White/Ross/Parker motors, or sometimes Hydro gear motors. And now many are going to the Hydro gear transaxles like the Scag Cheetah and all gas Ferris models below the IS3100Z.

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member

You must have a super special turf tiger to not have bypass valves on the pumps. Never seen a 16 cc or 10 cc pump not have bypass valves on them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums