1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Scag WB good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by f50lvr2, Mar 7, 2010.

1. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this scag wb a couple hours from me and as wondering if it's a good deal?
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/1628713345.html

I thought I might try to talk him down $500-$800. It would only be a backup/rainy day machine. Those controls look kind of weird but I've always heard good things about scag reliability and cut.

2. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

that mower design has only been out a couple years at most, though someone may have more info than me....years ago thats all we used. 48/17 on them they were sweet. We used the pistol grip design though not this new design

3. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a nice WB, those controls are supposed to be really nice to use from what Ive heard. I would start at around $2300. and go up to about 2500. Let us know how those controls are to use!

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

At $2900 it would be a great buy....

5. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

That price is a good deal it might be worth the drive for me to pick it up.

6. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I would offer less, but actually that is a really good price. I don't use walks anymore but I demo'd the Pro V at my dealer. It really handles well and I loved the deck height adjuster, it works just like a z rider. I would go for it.

7. LawnboyTim

LawnboyTim LawnSite Member

Looks like a great price to me. Nice mower too, never used those controls, but have heard good things.