1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Wildcat pricing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Nov 14, 2006.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys I have been Toro through and through for years now, but I am moving to another area to work and I need service and the best dealer around carries Deere and Scag equipment. I have looked at both machines and have decided on the Scag.

I am looking at a Scag Wildcat with the 52" Velocity deck and 26 horse liquid cooled Kawasaki engine. I was quoted a price of $8269 for the mower. Does this sound fare?

I was also quoted $1864 for the 3 bag bagger and $354 for their striping roller.

This seems high to me for I recall paying $10,500 for liquid cooled LARGE frame Toros with the baggers installed. Does this sound like he is in the right ballpark? Keep in mind I am also buying 4 Wright Standers from this same dealer.

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont mind telling you that i paid 7899 for my wildcat. last year its a 52 25 kaw air cooled. as far as the bagger i think that is kinda high especially if you going to be bying all that equipment from this dealer. you can bye the stripping kit from a company named j-thomas for around 170.00. one thing we all know to look for is the after the sale service. if your service is second to none then i dont mind paying a little extra.

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

OK the dealer just called me back and said $9945 for the mower, striping roller, and bagger. This sounds better to me. I know the liquid cooled makes the machine a little higher priced but it is something I am willing to pay for.

4. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 8091 plus tax last spring. That included lights, trailer hitch, mulch plate and a blade buddy( keeps blades from turning when removing)