Scag Wildcat RIP

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
Well it was assumed that with the Cheetah in the line up that the Wildcat would be out sooner or later. I recieved the 2012 Scag catalog in the mail and the Wildcat is no where to be found. Website does not look updated yet.

So the Wildcat is no longer. Guessing they have some supply at the dealers and warehouses, so if you want one I would get on the phone. Guessing pricing could be decent.

As for the rest of the line up. Turf Tiger no changes. Cheetah adds a 34hp Kohler and 36hp Briggs to the kawi line up. Tiger Cat adds some engines. Freedom Z, Vride, and the walk behinds I did not see changes.

SouthSide Cutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
TC and WildCat are the same to me but with out the hydro cooler. The TC probably has the cooler on some models now. They need to drop the PRO V and make a good WB with the V Ride controls. Ran it and the Hustler Trim Star and really hated them.

OP
D

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
TC and WildCat are the same to me but with out the hydro cooler. The TC probably has the cooler on some models now. They need to drop the PRO V and make a good WB with the V Ride controls. Ran it and the Hustler Trim Star and really hated them.
I agree on the TC/Wildcat, basically the same mower. TC has the suspension seat basically standard now besides 2 promo models. They have 27HP engines on the TC which is more than enough. I'm guessing after the Wildcat inventory goes away they will add the hydro cooler to the TC.

For the W/B I have heard that something should be coming this year. We will see if it happens. With the Pro V pricing they maybe trying to get rid of inventory for the new w/b.

OP
D

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
Did you hear anything of what the controls would be on the new w/b?
Posted via Mobile Device
I asked about the controls being like the vride and was told he didn't know.With the vride being a hit and don't see why they would do anything but the vride controls.

I was told a completely new frame. Since they went with the wheel motor/pump combo with the Cheetah I can see them with the same style of transmission on the w/b also. Doing that would need a new frame also.

The cable drive for the controls on the Cheetah would allow for adjustable handle bars with out affecting linkages for the hydro's. It would be a nice feature but not absolutely needed. Hopefully they are thinking this way.

Last edited:
OP
D

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
I'll shoot you a PM.

RTR Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
My dealer thinks the controls will be like the V Ride. He said we won't see it until May or June. I don't have a need for a stand on mower, but I really like the V Ride controls, they should work well on a hydro walk.