Lawn Care Forum banner

Scag ztr tiger cub48 vs CC M60 tank

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mowhigh 
#1 ·
Please help me decide.
I am a residential mower with 3 acres flat and open with primarly bermuda grass. I am tired of spending all day on and under my craftsman mower. I test drove a Scag Tiger Cub 52 ztr today. WOW. I cut my mowing time by 2.5-3 hrs, not to mention impressing my wife with the grass storm I created. But my delima is 48 or 60, Scag or CC. I found a great deal on CC M60 for 6200 with 50hrs but I can get the Scag 48 for 5999 at the local dealer down the road. What to do?

#2 ·
I just purchased the scag with the 48'' deck , Im not familar with the cc m60.Does the CC mower have a warrranty?? An advantage getting the scag is you have full warranty. But I can say this that either way you go it will be faster than cutting with the craftsman mower

#3 ·
If your lot is wide open and flat, it pretty much comes down to how fast do you want to finish cutting. You may want to consider the 60" deck for that size lot. Definately think about warranty and dealer support/service!

#5 ·
You might also check out the new Country Clipper Charger (based on the even bigger CC Zeton). It comes with a convenient flip-up deck, pivoting front axle, Kawasaki/Kohler engines and 4 yr commercial warranty. It starts at $5545 and goes up to $6389 for the 25 hp 60" deck. Make sure you try the single joystick control for more than a few minutes - - I'll never go back to two hands! Good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.