1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

scamper vs gravely

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowforyourmoney, Jan 16, 2006.

1. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

hey i know there are a lot of gravly fans on here so this is what's up i really want a 36in scamper but not sure if i can afford it (3100.00) it's dual hydro and has a 15hp engin my second choice is a 05 gravely in my paper for 2300 says it has 50hrs and a striping kit is it worth the money for a belt it's also a 36" (not sure if pro-g or pro-h ....but thinking g)
    PLEEEEZE RESPOND I WANNA GET ONE SOON

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you dead set on those two brands? Have never heard of a scamper myself, but seeing how I am a gravely fan, I would recommend the machine. However, you might also look into the quick36 if you havent already. There is a link at the top right of the page for their website.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Whats the reason for the guy selling a unit he just bought ?

4. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

....883 no just the 2 standing out scamper is made by great dane

5. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I, too, am a huge Gravely fan. They make very solid machines which are durable and reliable. I do not know anything about Great Danes, as they are not very popular in my area.

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

There is a new Great Dane walk behind or Ebay for $2799. I think it is a 48".