Lawn Care Forum banner

scheduling software

15K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  McFarland_Lawn_Care 
#1 ·
I am spending way too much time on keeping track of what yards we have cut and skipped over during a week, because of drought, etc. What are you guys using to keep track. I use quick books for my invoicing so I'm trying to find something that will integrate with that.
Posted via Mobile Device

#2 ·
Your answer is Service Autopilot. I just went through the same issue and have integrated this system. It's awesome. Pricey but worth it. Give it a shot - their customer service is great!

#9 ·
Whats the cost? Is fert and squirt part of it too?

Dave...
I wanted to buy it last spring but decided to hang on to my cash to hire a new guy. I do not recall a detail squirt and fert mod. You can set up the fields in some manner.

I did the free trial but frankly they have some good on-line training and live webcast. It is more a service management program than a lawn / program.

Qxpress is likely a better pre-formated software for your industry... then Clip and Gopher IMHO.

I ruled out Qxpress after using it some time back and their move toward the on-line rental and insistance to hang with windows mobile.

This software Desco looks more refined and powerful to me.

The biggest is that also links up to another 3rd party for GPS tracking.
That part would be subscription because of the two way cellular communication.

They offered a payment plan that came to 2800 or so and a cash price of just over 2200.

Not a cheap program but it does not look cheap either.

If I do something this will be it.

http://desco-soft.com/

Here is the training and tutorials

http://descosupport.com/

#10 ·
I wanted to buy it last spring but decided to hang on to my cash to hire a new guy. I do not recall a detail squirt and fert mod. You can set up the fields in some manner.

I did the free trial but frankly they have some good on-line training and live webcast. It is more a service management program than a lawn / program.

Qxpress is likely a better pre-formated software for your industry... then Clip and Gopher IMHO.

I ruled out Qxpress after using it some time back and their move toward the on-line rental and insistance to hang with windows mobile.

This software Desco looks more refined and powerful to me.

The biggest is that also links up to another 3rd party for GPS tracking.
That part would be subscription because of the two way cellular communication.

They offered a payment plan that came to 2800 or so and a cash price of just over 2200.

Not a cheap program but it does not look cheap either.

If I do something this will be it.

http://desco-soft.com/

Here is the training and tutorials

http://descosupport.com/
Thanks. Do yo do fert?

Dave...

#11 ·
personally I use lawnaid.com currently.

in the past I've used lawn pro, or did it myself with a simple spreadsheet. it's not really that difficult to do. if I were more energetic about it and had more time I'd throw out all software and just use spreadsheets and design my own invoices.

#19 ·
I have been using Jobber Software this season and I absolutely love it! It has everything that you guys have mentioned on this thread and much more! It has to be the most powerful billing and scheduling software out there and yet it is also the easiest online software I have ever used. You can't usually say powerful and easy in the same sentence when talking about software but with Jobber you can! The base price is $29.00 per month and you get alot for that money! Then you can purchase add-ons that cost anwhere from free to $5 per month. I can tell you that I am paying $34.00 per month! That's the cost of ONE mowing service for your smallest property you manage! That includes all my add-ons! Jobber integrates with both quickbooks online and desktop for free. There is a Chemical tracking add-on that will allow you to track fertilizer apps for your records. In regards to the weather rescheduling, in Jobber, you can easily reschedule jobs and you can add a note in the notes section for each visit. Plus, since Jobber is mobile friendly, you can do everything from your smartphone or tablet.

They are adding new features and improvements on almost a daily basis. This isn't some guy making a software system in his basement during weeknights. They are constantly working on it! Their support is great, you can call them up and they'll chat with you until the issue is fixed.

Jobber has a free trial, that doesn't require a credit card. Give it a try and you'll be hooked!

#20 ·
I paid a one time fee of $197 for lawnaid.com. I can have as many clients as I want and I can access the software from any device that has Internet. there are no add ons needed. you get EVERYTHING they have to offer for the price. you can pay monthly as well for $19.99 a month.

this software schedules, estimates, invoices, meetings, expenses, maintenance and more, much more.

#21 ·
I paid a one time fee of $197 for lawnaid.com. I can have as many clients as I want and I can access the software from any device that has Internet. there are no add ons needed. you get EVERYTHING they have to offer for the price. you can pay monthly as well for $19.99 a month.

this software schedules, estimates, invoices, meetings, expenses, maintenance and more, much more.
GPS, Geo fence and auto log in and out?

#22 ·

I have used lawnaide before. The problem with them is that it isn't nearly as easy to use as Jobber. The biggest issue. There is ZERO support!! They don't care about your problems or suggestions. (At least when I used them) Jobber, you can actually call them with a question suggestion and they actually listen!

#23 ·
GPS, Geo fence and auto log in and out?
no, no GPS, Geo fence or auto log in and out. but personally i don't use any of those anyway.

I have used lawnaide before. The problem with them is that it isn't nearly as easy to use as Jobber. The biggest issue. There is ZERO support!! They don't care about your problems or suggestions. (At least when I used them) Jobber, you can actually call them with a question suggestion and they actually listen!
well i find lawnaid pretty darn easy to use. and as far as support goes the one time i needed it, i did get it. i will admit it wasn't the greatest support but it was there. but i haven't needed support since.

as for suggestions. they actually have a place in the program for people to put down there suggestions and everyone else can read them and vote on them and they take the highest voted ones and add those to the program.

i've never had to actually call lawnaid people so i can't speak for calling them.

#24 ·
Despite Kirk's shameless plugs for jobber, I might actually look into it. There must be a reason why S.A. is so much more expensive but I'm not sure exactly how it is any better. Maybe I'll just call them up and ask why I should pay $150/month when jobber is way less and maybe they can convince me of a few reasons to stay. I love the system but it IS very pricey IMHO.

#26 ·
Despite Kirk's shameless plugs for jobber, I might actually look into it. There must be a reason why S.A. is so much more expensive but I'm not sure exactly how it is any better. Maybe I'll just call them up and ask why I should pay $150/month when jobber is way less and maybe they can convince me of a few reasons to stay. I love the system but it IS very pricey IMHO.
I don't know about shameless. I just have been around the billing software block. I used Gopher software (no support or updates), landscapebilling.com (okay software but again, very little support or updates) lawnaide, and many, many other trials. I understand people have different opinions and software needs. I am not a salesman and i'm not saying you must switch to Jobber. All I say is to do some research, take advantage of Jobber's no credit card free trial, and see if it works for you. If it doesn't which it may not, then continue your software search. Explore all avenues and have an open mind, this applies to almost any purchase you make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.