Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
I paid a one time fee of $197 for lawnaid.com. I can have as many clients as I want and I can access the software from any device that has Internet. there are no add ons needed. you get EVERYTHING they have to offer for the price. you can pay monthly as well for $19.99 a month.

this software schedules, estimates, invoices, meetings, expenses, maintenance and more, much more.
GPS, Geo fence and auto log in and out?

I paid a one time fee of $197 for lawnaid.com. I can have as many clients as I want and I can access the software from any device that has Internet. there are no add ons needed. you get EVERYTHING they have to offer for the price. you can pay monthly as well for $19.99 a month.

this software schedules, estimates, invoices, meetings, expenses, maintenance and more, much more.
I have used lawnaide before. The problem with them is that it isn't nearly as easy to use as Jobber. The biggest issue. There is ZERO support!! They don't care about your problems or suggestions. (At least when I used them) Jobber, you can actually call them with a question suggestion and they actually listen!

GPS, Geo fence and auto log in and out?
no, no GPS, Geo fence or auto log in and out. but personally i don't use any of those anyway.

I have used lawnaide before. The problem with them is that it isn't nearly as easy to use as Jobber. The biggest issue. There is ZERO support!! They don't care about your problems or suggestions. (At least when I used them) Jobber, you can actually call them with a question suggestion and they actually listen!
well i find lawnaid pretty darn easy to use. and as far as support goes the one time i needed it, i did get it. i will admit it wasn't the greatest support but it was there. but i haven't needed support since.

as for suggestions. they actually have a place in the program for people to put down there suggestions and everyone else can read them and vote on them and they take the highest voted ones and add those to the program.

i've never had to actually call lawnaid people so i can't speak for calling them.

Despite Kirk's shameless plugs for jobber, I might actually look into it. There must be a reason why S.A. is so much more expensive but I'm not sure exactly how it is any better. Maybe I'll just call them up and ask why I should pay $150/month when jobber is way less and maybe they can convince me of a few reasons to stay. I love the system but it IS very pricey IMHO.

Despite Kirk's shameless plugs for jobber, I might actually look into it. There must be a reason why S.A. is so much more expensive but I'm not sure exactly how it is any better. Maybe I'll just call them up and ask why I should pay $150/month when jobber is way less and maybe they can convince me of a few reasons to stay. I love the system but it IS very pricey IMHO.
I don't know about shameless. I just have been around the billing software block. I used Gopher software (no support or updates), landscapebilling.com (okay software but again, very little support or updates) lawnaide, and many, many other trials. I understand people have different opinions and software needs. I am not a salesman and i'm not saying you must switch to Jobber. All I say is to do some research, take advantage of Jobber's no credit card free trial, and see if it works for you. If it doesn't which it may not, then continue your software search. Explore all avenues and have an open mind, this applies to almost any purchase you make.

Maybe its me but I'm not a monthly payment type guy. I mean I would like to buy the software one time for X and be done with it.

I hate paying monthly fee's or ongoing fee's. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Not saying those programs that require a monthly fee are not worth it, but its just my old school mindset.

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...

i use gopher and am completely satisfied...first of all, their support has always been awesome, the last time i needed them i emailed them hoping to get a prompt response because i was at a computer place trying to switch the program over to my new computer...it was like 7 pm and they emailed me back within minutes, they always have...yes it hasn't been updated since 2006...that's because they got it right the first time...there are very few things i would change about the program and i'm very picky, which is why i don't use quickbooks, it's too general...i am not familiar with the chemical function yet, that is on my list...

one advantage to online programs is they are automatically backed up so you don't have to worry about a crash and losing all of your info...the downside is a costly monthly fee...service autopilot seems awesome, but not for like $1200 a year when we have run a very successful business on a $200 one time fee program...we are well into 6 figures on gross and that's just our maintenance side, gopher has done everything that we need it to...

what i would fix about gopher off the top of my head is a search function...sometimes i will forget a name but remember the address but i won't be able to find them without searching one by one through the customer list...going through hundreds of customers is very tedious and time consuming...it would also be nice to make an app so if i needed to change or add something from the field i could...really, if it worked like iCloud invoicing would be easier than ever with gopher...if you use gopher correctly and set up your daily schedule from the beginning of the season to the end then you could simply tell your scheduling/invoicing software from the field that you completed let's say 17 jobs that day but postponed 1 job (which gopher can already do) then your invoicing is done for that day and you haven't even touched your office...

Maybe its me but I'm not a monthly payment type guy. I mean I would like to buy the software one time for X and be done with it.

I hate paying monthly fee's or ongoing fee's. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Not saying those programs that require a monthly fee are not worth it, but its just my old school mindset.

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...
The main difference being that most of the "monthly billed software" are cloud based and most of the ones you buy need to be installed on your computer. I've lost a few p.c. Over te years. Loosing data sucks. I prefure cloud based systems especially with the ability to log into any computer anywhere anytime
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...
The main difference being that most of the "monthly billed software" are cloud based and most of the ones you buy need to be installed on your computer. I've lost a few p.c. Over te years. Loosing data sucks. I prefure cloud based systems especially with the ability to log into any computer anywhere anytime
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm a pay X amount once and be done myself. lawnaid.com is just type.

you can access lawnaid on any pc/tablet/phone/device that has Internet access. you don't install a single thing on your computer.

even with installing programs and switching pc's. it's a no brainer. those programs allow you to back up your info and you install the program on the new pc and restore info. I've never had a problem with switching devices with the old software you installed on the pc.

just my 2 cents.

I have no problem performing back ups of my PC data and all data should be backed up.

The upside to subscriptions is often lower initial cost and no updates or updates required.

This concept works well with design software like raincad.... you would often buy a new or upgrade every 3 to 5 years. With the subscription you alsways have the latest data base of irrigation parts used in the design.

I subscribe to the on-line billing and merchant services through Quickbooks but I am seriously considering dropping it as I have to consider cutting cost. I can still e-mail invoices through QB but the clients would have to mail me a check or they could use quick pay through chase. This would likely save me 100 a month for the few residential clients that I have. My commecial customers use EFT and checks.

I have no problem performing back ups of my PC data and all data should be backed up.

The upside to subscriptions is often lower initial cost and no updates or updates required.

This concept works well with design software like raincad.... you would often buy a new or upgrade every 3 to 5 years. With the subscription you alsways have the latest data base of irrigation parts used in the design.

I subscribe to the on-line billing and merchant services through Quickbooks but I am seriously considering dropping it as I have to consider cutting cost. I can still e-mail invoices through QB but the clients would have to mail me a check or they could use quick pay through chase. This would likely save me 100 a month for the few residential clients that I have. My commecial customers use EFT and checks.
no updates???

what software are you using. lawnaid is constantly updating and improving there software.

in fact no software comes out 100% perfect from day one.

no updates???

what software are you using. lawnaid is constantly updating and improving there software.

in fact no software comes out 100% perfect from day one.
The second update should read up grade. My intended statement is you do not need to buy a new version of software when you subscribe..... The long term cost is about the same in the two models.

I wouldn't recommend it, they have been going downhill the last few years.

Do any of these programs let you factor weather? Ex: I could not mowing at house 123 main st. at it's usual date, due to rain and re-schedule it for the next opening/day.
Yes

I have been using Jobber Software this season and I absolutely love it! It has everything that you guys have mentioned on this thread and much more! It has to be the most powerful billing and scheduling software out there and yet it is also the easiest online software I have ever used. You can't usually say powerful and easy in the same sentence when talking about software but with Jobber you can! The base price is $29.00 per month and you get alot for that money! Then you can purchase add-ons that cost anwhere from free to $5 per month. I can tell you that I am paying $34.00 per month! That's the cost of ONE mowing service for your smallest property you manage! That includes all my add-ons! Jobber integrates with both quickbooks online and desktop for free. There is a Chemical tracking add-on that will allow you to track fertilizer apps for your records. In regards to the weather rescheduling, in Jobber, you can easily reschedule jobs and you can add a note in the notes section for each visit. Plus, since Jobber is mobile friendly, you can do everything from your smartphone or tablet.

They are adding new features and improvements on almost a daily basis. This isn't some guy making a software system in his basement during weeknights. They are constantly working on it! Their support is great, you can call them up and they'll chat with you until the issue is fixed.

Jobber has a free trial, that doesn't require a credit card. Give it a try and you'll be hooked!
You sound like an infomercial. Or a rep.

But I will still check it out, I am looking for something other than QX.

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...
No, it isn't just you Dave. I understand their reasoning, it's another revenue stream because they don't sell as many packages as something like QB. But it really sucks. And the way QX is setup, it's basically extortion. I don't like monthly or annual reoccurring charges. I like QB, upgrade at your choice whenever you want. Or don't.

I'll check out a few of the suggested programs.

With regards to the net based programs and backing up data, that's a piss poor reason. You should be backing everything up anyways, regularly.

Service Autopilot. New update coming out in less than a month and it will kill everything else including jobber...

Scheduling, invoicing, charging cards, and closing out day with statistically data for each property can be done in less than 10 min for everything, assuming you are using up to date technology.

The second update should read up grade. My intended statement is you do not need to buy a new version of software when you subscribe..... The long term cost is about the same in the two models.
I've never come across having to buy a new version of lawn software when they upgrade.

before lawnaid I used lawn pro made by the same people. updates where free. the only one that wasn't was when it went from lawn pro 3 to lawn pro 4 and that was a major overhaul.

Does Lawnaid sync with Quickbooks?

Dave...
not that I'm aware of but I believe they are working on that.

with lawnaid you really don't need quickbooks.

I'm so excited for S.A. new release....can't wait for a mobile app we can install and then sync whenever we have a good data connection....should be awesome next year!

So I have it pretty much to Real Green, hindsite, S A or Desco.

Sounds like S A has a great program but hard to get particulars from the website. Not sure I like buying a product and having my client info on a cloud hosted by a direct competitor 30 miles away.

Desco has the advantage with GPS truck mounted systems. The guys do not have to clock in or out because the Geo Fence does it. Other benifits is fuel tracking, fuelman card linked to trucks and such. Weakness seems to be the squirt and fert is not there like it is on SA.

Still reading and will likely make a move in a few weeks.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.