Scheduling

TurfWizardllc

LawnSite Member
I know that scheduling is a main portion of the business that you guys are in. You have 500 things going on at any given time and how are you supposed to keep track of it all. I know that as growing a business it is important to be punctual and well scheduled. What happens if your jobs get out of sequence because of staff, rain, equipment malfunction or anything else. You have to personally sit down and find a new schedule for all of those clients. Well my friends, I have the solution.

TurfWizard has an auto-remembrance feature. Lets say you have jobs scheduled throughout the week that are on a reoccurring basis. Let's say that it rains for 3 days straight and you cannot do work for those clients. Obviously, when you service them again, you cannot cut their grass on the same schedule as before, because it needs to be cut weekly. TurfWizards schedule will actually know that the job is out of sequence and move it back one day at a time on the calendar until it returns to it's normal position. You don't have to think about it at all. It does the thinking and the scheduling for you. Allowing you to focus more time on your other business needs!

Let me know your guys' thoughts about this. Thanks

jc1

LawnSite Silver Member
So what does it do with the other work that is scheduled on those days?
If you were 3 days behind it would take 3 weeks to correct the schedule?

32vld

LawnSite Gold Member
It does not take a wizard or even a person with a high IQ to see on Monday that he will get rained out on Tuesday so lets do some of Tuesday work on Monday so we will not have to try and do Tuesday and all of Wednesdays work on Wednesday.

Even in the case of getting rained out three days in a row. Usually there is a gap in the rain where a some lawns may get done over those three days.

Lets say all of Mondays schedule is done as of the end of Wednesday.

Landscaper on Thursday grabs Tuesday schedule and starts on Tuesday, then does half of Wednesdays list.

Friday Landscaper continues where he left off. Landscaper uses Saturday to get everything caught up if needed.

All work was done that week. More important all billings got done for that week so no money was lost.

Now the all Great and All Knowing Wizard is going to soak me to buy a software program that will take three weeks to get me back on schedule and I will of lost out on a lot of billings because his all knowing and all wise program is going to take me weeks to get back on schedule.

That is if it does not rain for the next three weeks. If it does then I will lose more money. Which can not be bad because the Great and All Knowing Wizard knows all!

This wizard does not know the difference between $h!t and Shinola.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bfe6CgYbH8

OP
T

TurfWizardllc

LawnSite Member
That's not at all how TurfWizard works. Let's say jobs are scheduled on a Monday and it rains or you can't make it to that job for three days. It will now be Thursday. Your going to complete that job on Thursday. Now your not going to wanna do that job again on Monday because it will be too soon. So the scheduler will move it to Wednesday since you just did it Thursday. The next week it will move it to Tuesday. And finally it will move it to Monday the next week in its original spot. It still keeps the week variance, only changing it back slowly till it's back to its original position.
Posted via Mobile Device

jc1

LawnSite Silver Member
In the real world if we get rain mon,tues and Wednesday, we work all day everyday to catch up so that on Monday we start back on the beginning of the week. Customers want consistency.
If it rains one day the next week then your scheduling is really messed up.
Just my thoughts.

TTS

LawnSite Senior Member
Not trying to rag on you as your posts have gotten slightly better since everyone got on you but if I used your program I would be looking for a way to disable that feature.

There are quite a few guys who are in different cities different days. You could have me driving an extra hour from the northern tip of my service area to the southern end.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums