1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

school me on boring

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, May 24, 2008.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I have to bore under a driveway. my machine has the hydro bore and I bought some rods and bit yesterday but I have never done this and don't know anyone who could show me. So any pointers would be a big help, like how far down to start boring, how fast to go, and the best way to get the pipe back through the hole. Thanks.

2. londonrain

londonrain LawnSite Silver Member

If boring a concrete drive then bore on an expansion joint, so you will not crack the drive .Bore 18"-24" deep or deeper, start the boring head level, use a tee handle for safety reasons plus you can level the boring rods.....if we needed a 1" pipe under the drive or a sleeve we used a boring bit that was double the size and/or a back reamer.....

[​IMG]

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Is that a 3500 londonrain?

Have you had problems with the trencher drive bearings burning out?

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget to dig safe mon amiee!!!

5. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

Call the utility location in. We just had a gas line disaster in McKinney, TX caused by a boring incident. Blew up two houses and killed at least one person I believe.

6. londonrain

londonrain LawnSite Silver Member

2310 diesel with a 3500 trenching doom ...no problems

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

We could bore you on schooling too,.