• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Scotts spreader setting for Crosscheck?

MrC

LawnSite Member
I have a Scotts Speedy Green and don't know what setting to use to apply Crosscheck. It's not listed on the bag. The rep told me to have it opened a quarter of the way, but I just want to make sure and wanted to see if anyone knew. It says to spread 0.2 lbs- 0.4 lbs and 100-200 per acre. Little confused.

uncle salty

LawnSite Member
Hey I just laid down some crosscheck yesterday and I set my scotts standard spreader on 3. It worked out well. Got an inch of rain 3 hours after I put it down.

OP
M

MrC

LawnSite Member
Thanks uncle salty. All they could tell me is that the product is very fine and to open it a quarter of the way. How much do you think 3 put down?

uncle salty

LawnSite Member
yeah its almost like spreading sand only finer. The 3 setting I think hit around the 0.3 lb. per 1000 sq ft mark. I really didnt want to go much higher than that. Prior to this, my yard looked like a bird diner. Only saw two all day today. So, maybe it works