1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Scotts Transmission Belt

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Clarky, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Clarky

Clarky LawnSite Member

Trying to help a neighbour repair his mower. He has the owner's manual but there is no map for the transmission belt in the manual. It's a Scott's Model S2046 20 HP with a 46' deck. The manual includes the belt map for the mower deck but the drive belt map is not included for some reason. Any information where I could obtain this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to assume the number you posted is off the side of the hood, Post the model numbers off the label under the seat. There were a couple different OEM's that built this unit for Scotts.

3. Clarky

Clarky LawnSite Member

I do know it was manufactured by John Deere. I have found serial number GX20465022722. That is about all of the information I have. I appreciated your response Restrorob. Anything you could find out would be great. I wish I had more information I could give you but I'm at my neighbour's mercy. Thanks again.

4. Restrorob

OK, Does this look like his ?
    Sorry it's sooo big, Haven't mastered down-sizing yet.

[​IMG]

5. Clarky

Clarky LawnSite Member

I just ran over quickly and checked. That is exactly what I neeeded. He just got the belt delivered yesterday so I can help him do this tonight. GREATLY appreciated. As this is not my expertise I have no means to return the favour but thanks again.

6. Restrorob

No problem-O :weightlifter: