1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

scrubs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, May 10, 2000.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

While walking into the local wal-mart yesterday, right after the rain quit. I saw some of the local scrubs, loading up their new equipment, a 10 hp 30&quot; cut murry rear engine rider. I just thought If they only knew what real equipment would do. As I got into the store I over heard a coulpe of fellows talking, they said &quot;those guys are hard workers they do my yard and it takes them about 2 hours.&quot; <br>I know where this guy lives and he only has about 1/2 an acre. Just for curisioty sake I ask how much they got he said 25.00. Then he noticed my shirt he ask me how much I'd charge I said about the same but I'd be in and out in about 30 min. by myself. He asked how? &quot;there aint no way you can mow my yard in less then an hour&quot;<br>I looked right at him and said work smarter not harder, on your way out go look at the equipment on my trailer and pointed to where it was at. I got my charcoal and when I went out the to old geezers were looking my equipment over hard. I got to the truck and the other old fart asked &quot;what in the world is that thing?&quot; I said THAT gentlemen is a lawn mower, unlike those over there that just claim to be.<br>Like I said I had to laugh, last year there were 2 ztr mowers used commercilly in my town, a grasshopper and my cub cadet. Tward the end of the season another crew bought an exmark they bought another one this year, the guy with the grasshopper now has a gravely, and I have my Great Dane. Real mowing has arrived in the backwoods!

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Naturalawn,<br>Sounds like you have a monopoly on the lawn buisness. I hope the Firefighting equipment is as modern as your gear:) You'll probably see that 30&quot; being returned on your next charcoal run!