1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

SCRUBS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grasscape Inc, Jul 6, 2000.

1. gusbuster

gusbuster LawnSite Silver Member

In the San Francisco Bay Area, average price for unleaded was hovering around $1.89 to $1.92 for regular unleaded. Over the 4th of July weekend, I saw $2.10 for unleaded gas in northern California. I think the only higher prices you can find are in the Chicago,Il. area. I know they are getting hit by the reformulated gas. Oh by the way, this is the first year that i can recall that diesel fuel is cheaper than regular gas. My station (Exxon) is selling it for $1.69.<br>Jean<br><p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

In Green Bay it was $1.96 a week and a half ago now its $1.69. I don't know why but I'm not complaining. Diesel is $1.59 now.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Bill, whats the deal with that &quot;gas card?&quot;<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. OP
    OP
    Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

$1.59 TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here in Charlotte:<p>Diesel: $1.37 gal<br>Reg Unled: $1.48 gal<p>Ray

6. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

Guido, <br> My wife is addicted to &quot;priceline.com&quot; and got me a gas card today. like the ad says,&quot;name you own price&quot;well, not exactly, you are given three different prices for the three different levels and a list of stations in your area and within 1 hr they tell yiu which one accepted your offer and you charge to a c card up to 100 d=gallons per month. When you go to the station w/ your price line card, swipe the card put code and just pump away. Never mind the reciept just use till yor gallon alotment is up and start over. By the way,,,, saved .12 cents per gallon. Average price in Knoxville,TN $1.47 for regular $1.57 for plus etc.............<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: SKDCO

7. KirbysLawn

Sounds good! Unless the price suddenly drops while you are working off that 100 gal. :)

8. OP
    OP
    Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

If the price drops you are credited.<p>Poblem We use WAY more than 100 gallons a month

9. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

I use more than 100 gallons per month myself but ANY savings is better than NO savings .........Right?

10. KirbysLawn

Well, sounds really good now! Yep, any savings is good in my book!