Sea Foam

danell10

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm wondering how many of you guys add Sea Foam to your gas? If you do. how much, and how often do you add it? If you never use it, why not?

I hope this is an interesting topic.

Thank you for any and all input!

Dan--

OP
D

danell10

LawnSite Senior Member
I use it in any equipment that has sat for a while to help clean the fuel sytem as it runs. The instructions on how much to use are on the can. I just ad whatever I feel like I may need at the time. You can't use too much either, but no use just wasting it.
Thanks for your input. I add a few ounce to my tank about once a month to keep the carb clean. I think it has cleaned a dirty carb for me a few times.

OP
D

danell10

LawnSite Senior Member
I carry a can in the truck at all times. it has saved the day a few times when I got water in the gas from rain and carbs that are acting up. do I use it on a reg basis? no
Thanks for your input. I add a few ounces to my tank at least once a month. It has cleaned out dirty carbs for me a few times.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Have used it in the past on a very rough running motorcycle. Worked great, and I didn't have to clean the carbs.

I have put some in mowers, but usually not. My mowers dont sit long with gas in them, so the carbs stay clean.

The last 2 summers my buddies ski boat has had a bad stumble out of the whole when trying to pull up skiers. We tried several cleaners, for the engine, fuel tank, filters, plugs, pretty much everything. We were told by a mechanic new injectors would probably fix it, but that was $100 per cylinder for a maybe.
I poured a can of BG44k, in and wow what a difference that made. Stumble is gone, and the boat is a beast again.