1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

sealcoating coverage rates

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by PGHSEALER, Mar 28, 2014.

1. PGHSEALER

PGHSEALER LawnSite Member

Looking for some input gentlemen. I received a call to sealcoat 40 driveways for a townhouse community. The driveways are 2-3 years old and have never been sealed before. I will use a natural fiber brush to apply the sealer. Anyone care to share what they think the coverage rate would be per gallon of sealer? I will be using coal tar.

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ddlandscaping

ddlandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male, from poconos of pa

3. Gemini sealcoat

Gemini sealcoat LawnSite Member

Gosh what would I do honestly. I've lived in a town home community and everyone knows how big those driveways are. There pretty small actually and if there only 2 or 3 years old heck, your maybe looking at Maybe 15 gallons of sealer (3-five gallon buckets worth). I'll be honest, I've sealcoated driveways for two years working for jet black franchise so I know what I'm doing. Actually, gonna do better than what they taught me. I'm starting my own sealcoating company this year and I already have work lined up for me too keep me well busy. But back to your question! I will easily get anywhere from 22 to 28 cents a square foot a drive, but since all your driveways are right next door to each other I would just give a straight estimate. I'd maybe go 90 bucks a driveway.

Now for all the veterans tell me if I'm wrong. For one your saving on gas, and two your saving on mileage and gas. I would think 90 bucks a drive would be excellent. But only if these driveways were still brand new looking. Understanding there's not really and crack work to do being that there only 2 to 3 years old.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014