1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Sealcoating start up advice needed PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by rogie75, Jun 18, 2009.

1. rogie75

rogie75 LawnSite Member

Ok, i bought myself a used unit that consists of a steel tank, some hoses, a spray wand, and a gear pump that is attached to a honda 5.5 engine. There is still some sealer in the tank but it's pretty thick and i think from last season. I keep hearing alot of things about this BLACK MAC stuff. Is it the product of choice and where would I acquire it? I don't want any cheap stuff as I'm looking for a quality product to build the business on because i beleive good service is already present. Thanks!

All advice is welcome!

2. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

I like the blackmac because I don't waste time with stuff getting caught in my filter. Blackmac or not I find the the oil based sealers very similar. I have no idea where you would find blackmac in barrie. Try TJ pounder in toronto..

3. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

check the canadian trade index on the internet you find supplier all across canada.

4. Hanoverfiste

Hanoverfiste LawnSite Member

I sent him a link to a guy in barrie! he's also a dealer for protect.

5. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

fill up in Barrie at dons driveway for 1.37 (2008)

6. ORRUG2K

ORRUG2K LawnSite Member

hI, I AM BIDDING PARKING LOTS FOR BRUSHDOWN.. I WANT TO CHARGE 1.00 A YARD.. BUT WONDER WHAT MOST OF YOU CHARGE.

THANKS..