Searching for new shop space

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
My friend that I’m renting a condo community garage from has decided to sell the condo and garage this summer while prices are up. He’s decided that he would like to invest in a commercial property to build on. I’ve gotten spoiled with free electric and cheap rent but alas.
I found a nearby climate controlled storage unit that’s only 10x10 and I would be able to putz around doing shop things, most don’t allow this, but there’s no electric available. Not even a light bulb socket that I could screw in a adapter with a plug, so small and no power.
I’m trying to search condo garage for rent but I’m not finding anything easily.
I’m considering looking into some type of commercial space but I’m having trouble finding the right search terms. Just a simple area with a garage door and power is all I really need. Unfortunately I realize that it’s gonna be much more than the $100 a month I’ve been paying for a 15x20 with free electric, but the show must go on.
remind me again, how large is your operation ?

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
Rent a storage space and move on. Keep your eyes open for something better to come along, but this shouldn’t have taken more than 72 hours to solve.
I have 6 weeks to make a move. I didn’t need the forums help to realize that there’s things such as storage units. I’m asking for search terms for workspaces with electric and parking. Where to begin seeking people with similar garages to my current abode in condo and rental communities. I already have a storage space lined up as a last resort where I can work on equipment and hang out more then 15 minutes at a time. I won’t have any lighting or electric plugs so I’m still on the hunt.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
it's all you need for now.
It’s way more secure than the condo garage but no room to spread out. It is about two miles from my house instead of like 10 so at the end of the day I don’t have far to go home. I bought a 18v Ryobi brushless angle grinder, that and my 18v impact I should hopefully be able to maintain my equipment. I’m allowed to work there for a few hours as long as I don’t make myself too comfortable. $119 a month.

Top Forums