• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Season OVER!

philk17088

LawnSite Fanatic
Finished up today for the year.
1/2 acre aeration with a 20 mph wind and snow flurries.
Time to hunker down in the office until March.
Glad to be done with this season. Weather kept trying to kick my b#tt all year long.
Had to non- service about 2 grand in work because I ran out of time.:realmad:

Maybe next year will be jusssssst right!:rolleyes:

DiscoveryLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
This weather screwed me! I lost 10K in winterizer apps. due to the early freeze. I do not know how I am going to make it through the winter now.

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
philk17088 said:
Finished up today for the year.
1/2 acre aeration with a 20 mph wind and snow flurries.
Time to hunker down in the office until March.
Glad to be done with this season. Weather kept trying to kick my b#tt all year long.
Had to non- service about 2 grand in work because I ran out of time.:realmad:

Maybe next year will be jusssssst right!:rolleyes:

Yeah---Jussssst right, and it gets easier each yr also.:waving:

DiscoveryLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Our soil temps dropped below freezing a week ago. Even if it warms back up to the 40's next week, the lawn is now dormant and will not convert the N will into carbohydrates if applied this late.
Saw Scotts out today. Ground is completely frozen. ...Geez

OP
philk17088

philk17088

LawnSite Fanatic
walker-talker said:
With the weather being cold enough to bring on snow flurries, what is an aeration going to do for the turf?
Ground was still soft. Heavy thatch layer in this lawn. This will start to relieve the thatch and compaction, what does cold have to do with it? Pulled really nice plugs.

LawnscapeMN

LawnSite Member
I had to leave a few leaf jobs because of snow, but the customer said to leave them, so I did. It will be a nice spring clean up now.