Seat Suspension

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by danell10, Sep 11, 2019.

1. danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you purchased a suspension unit that bolts on under your existing seat? Amazon has a K & M brand model for a 130 bucks. It measures 13" x 13 1/2" x 2 3/4" high. Has anyone purchased this model or any other add-on suspension unit? If so, what are your impressions?

Thank you! Dan--

2. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I bought one of those for my Cub Cadet. It definitely does help. The only thing that takes some getting used to is that you sit a lot higher on the machine. I do recommend it.

Traveling Man likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

Thank you for your input. Do you know the brand of yours and/or how thick it is? The K&M says it's 2 3/4" thick. It doesn't sound like much, but I'm sure it would knock you off of your game for a while.

4. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

As far as I know, I have the same exact one that you are looking at.
    I did just remember that I could not get all of the bolts into the seat, only 2 out of 4 as the holes on the platform didn't line up. But 2 is good enough for me.

5. OP
    OP
    danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

Thank you again! Two bolts should suffice unless you happen to be a really big guy. I think I'll buy one as a gift to myself this Xmas. I'm in Michigan, about 100 miles north of Detroit, so my mowing season will probably end next month.

6. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the
    Michigan Seat Highback Suspension Seat. I purchased mine on ebay for $150.00.

7. OP
    OP
    danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

Thank you for your input. I'll definitely check it out

8. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hadn't really planned to talk about it for a couple more weeks because there's a few last minute details to finish... But I'm getting ready to launch a gel seating product for Z's and other equipment that really improves ride quality and does it simply and economically. The product is called MowPad and will be available nationwide at the end of October through your local Rotary dealer. Price is $109.95. Our website is not 100% finished, but provides a good overview of the product. mowpad.com

ed2hess and Cam15 like this.
  9. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

Why doesn't the website have a phone number? So if you have say a ferris mower with a super comfortable seat as it is why do we need that pad on top of it? Is it water proof? Will it be on amazon?

10. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Cam- As mentioned, the website isn't finished yet. Will be in the next coupla weeks, complete with contact/registration info.
    MowPad is an economical alternative for guys who want significantly improved ride quality. Pads similar to these are super-popular with motorcycle riders. It gets rid of all the harsh. Yes. They're waterproof.
    MowPad is available exclusively through Rotary dealers, some of which sell on Amazon and other places.

Cam15 likes this.