Second guessing my invoice here

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
I underbid a partial mow job last week. Needed a hill mowed and ditch trimmed. I walked the hill, didnt seem much worse than one in currently mow. I told him I'd do half and then I can mow it all for 60. I got on the hill yesterday on the scag, and it was much sketched than anticipated. If I do the entire yard next time, it will be ith the 36" WB and won't be for $60. I'll renegotiate it up, but eat my lesson for the first.

Chineau

LawnSite Senior Member
as Zland points coming back and holding your hand out is a sure way to destroy customer trust and confidence.
we disagree in that don't leave it, learn from what you have done take away you will not repeat that mistake and carry forward the confidence you have gained in the lesson.
beers.

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
as Zland points coming back and holding your hand out is a sure way to destroy customer trust and confidence.
we disagree in that don't leave it, learn from what you have done take away you will not repeat that mistake and carry forward the confidence you have gained in the lesson.
beers.

I thought it showed them your honest and not out to rip anyone off. Is my thinking flawed? Either way I use to do that thinking it made me look honest but now I'm all about charging what people are willing to pay me rather than charging market average.

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
I billed right at $1500. Upon further look, it typically would have been around $1200. I'll credit them on their next job. I do alot for this client. Thanks for you input. Glad to see my gut feeling was in line with what most would have charged.

This is why they do a lot of business with you, your fair, honest and aren’t greedy.

Chineau

LawnSite Senior Member
consider saying at the out set I'm not sure about this job what is it worth to you?
some people you will develop relationship with and others it is price and only price. the faster you can read that you can make a decision do I want to be on the bottom with my price, you are trying to make an honest living and buddy if they ain't helpen they hindering get out of the way next customer please.

Top Forums