• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Second round of bids....

Thirdpete

LawnSite Member
I have these two properties I've been asked to bid on...

Prop 1.
33840 feet of turf.
36 Evergreen Bushes
8 Deciduous Bushes

No edging, little trimming. TONS of trash. Part of the deal is picking up trash...bottles, papers, white castle boxes, etc. It's at the corner of two busy streets and it's a factory lot that I'll be servicing. This grass area is 21k feet, and the trash is fairly scattered. I'm thinking 15-20 minutes weekly, so that's going into the bid.

500 - Trash
1350 - Grass
820 - Bushes (twice on evergreens, four times on deciduous)

total: 2670/Year
divided by seven months:
roughly 380/month

Prop 2.
8100 feet of turf
630 feet of edging
15 evergreen shrubs about 24", though 9 are dead and will need to be replaced
16 36" evergreen shrubs
21 Deciduous shrubs

140 - Trash
900 - Grass
1120 - Shrubs (twice/year on evergreens, four times on deciduous)
total: 2160
7 months, roughly 300/month

Am I at all off on this? I'm in near-west suburban Chicago. When looking at the amount of grass and the final prices it seems a bit off, but i've never really handled properties where there's tons of bushes.

How's this looking?

OP
T

Thirdpete

LawnSite Member
bump

anybody? I don't want to end up charging too little and getting the job while driving prices down. I think i'm in the ballpark range but if i'm off too much i'd like ot know. anyone?

lawnsbyrj

LawnSite Member
I think $380 is a littel cheap for that kinda Junk i have an orchard that takes me an hour and 10 minuts and I get 425 a month No trash littel weedeat and blow dont come up short

o-so-n-so

LawnSite Bronze Member
Your estimates look right on the mark. IMO:D....................In my area you would never get the bid at those prices.