1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Secondary auxiliary hydraulic electrical switch

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bubbas45, Jul 5, 2008.

  1. bubbas45

    bubbas45 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 11

    Howdy, folks. I have another ignorant question. On the right-hand control lever of my NH LS 185.B is switch designated as in the title.

    I've seen some attachments that are described as having electrical over hydraulic controls. I assume that is what this switch is for. Is that correct?

    Just what is electrical over hydraulic, or as the manual states, electro-hydraulic?

    Presumably that switch runs to a cable with a connector somewhere, but I am unable to find it. Is there any standard place to look?

    thanks, bws
  2. ksss

    ksss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 7,162

    You should have a round electrical connector on the boom of the skid steer, or you may have the controls on the stick but not the electrical connector on the boom. It works like this when you hook up the attachment and connect the hyd. hoses and the eletrical connection off of the attachment you can now run other features without a diverter valve. Example with a Erskine snow blower you run the shute rotation and the hyd. deflector at the top of the shute from the switches on the right hand controller.

Share This Page