1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Security Cameras.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RedWingsDet, Aug 11, 2006.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Do any of you guys who have shop's have security cameras?

If so is there a place online to buy all the equipment. I just want about 2-4 cameras.

Thank you.

2. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

3. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

4. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have/like x10? I have their cameras at my house and dont really like them at all. I should have spend more $ for better quality.

5. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

www.scdlink.com

X10 is consumer grade stuff . . . The guys I listed above is used by all the big security companies. Request a catalog, it is real easy to understand . .

They make stuff for lasting installations at reasonable prices . . ..

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I got ours off eBay. Not sure on brand (maybe Sony). They hook up to my computer and record on the HD. Full color, infared, LED. I can also view them from my home computer through an IP address. :)

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I've had mine a while so they are kinda old school now. Have 2 cameras inside of the shop that cover the front and rear (which are the only entrances/exits) and then 3 outside that cover the grounds. They are however B&W and recorded to 72 hour VHS with a 6 split screen monitor. We have the "real" recorder hidden and a "fake/dummy" one out where it can be seen in case a crook would try and take the tape or recorder. It is a Panasonic system and when I bought it it was top of the line. SInce I am currently looking for a new bigger location from my current 5K SF one I will upgrade to computer recorded/live hook up w/color digital cameras and that is the way I would suggest you go now.

8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

They aren't the greatest, but they are functional and I like some of the accessories.

9. Amani

Amani LawnSite Member

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Northern Tool and Equptment has them, but I don't think any of it is real cutting edge technology.