Sedgehammer and Millenium Ultra

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by arapahoe, Aug 13, 2019.

1. arapahoe

arapahoe LawnSite Member

I am fighting multiple broadleaf weeds and mixed in are spotty patches of nutsedge.

Is it safe to tank mix sedgehammer with Millenium?

Cool season turf.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sure, but it does not make sense. Cost-wise it is better to carry hand two sprayers. Separate one for nutsedge. You have to devise a means to carry two one gallon hand sprayers.

Or more likely--a backpack and a one gallon sprayer for Sedgehammer and nutsedge.

You can hang a one gal hand sprayer from a caribiner attached to your backpack.

Everybody--show us what you have devised--to carry two solutions at once.
    Somebody--must have a solution for this problem.

m_ice likes this.
  3. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

Riggle I certainly see your point of saving money on herbicides with dedicated mixes however I've found time (labor hours) to be the most expensive part of the equation in weed control. Therefore I prefer, in most cases to use complex tank mixes when spot treating in the summer months. One backpack for Bermuda/Zoysia and a separate for Fescue.

4. OP
    OP
    arapahoe

arapahoe LawnSite Member

I should clarify that I spray with a 3 pt mount 16.5 ft falcon DCSS. The sedge is spread over about an acre. Too big for back pack spraying.

History, I sprayed this area with Millenium and Turf Fuel surfactant Monday this week.

It wasn’t on my mind but I wish I had added sedgehammer to my tank.

Since I sprayed Millenium plus surfactant Monday. Would Wednesday with a tank of sedgehammer and turfuel surfactant be ok?

Only reason I ask is because I’ve read that sometimes surfactants can burn lawns.

The lawn is regularly watered.

5. m_ice

m_ice LawnSite Member
    from IL

I carry a 1 gallon in a spray side tray and I use the auxiliary tank for "high-cost" batches if we are going through alot like we are right now.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I have not seen any burn from surfactant--by itself.
    Seldom seen any with herbicide. It is something we all have to try at times. Hot day--herbicide--then herbicide with surfactant added.
    Get pictures.

I will ask around at the turf Field Day in Michigan tomorrow.

I plan to wear my trademark--deep jungle--pith helmet.