1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Seed pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dingo, Mar 4, 2000.

1. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

I need to purchase some fescue seed for everseeding about how much does it cost?<br>

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I buy from Jonathan Green(www.jonathangreen.com),they list 13 different kinds of fescue.They only have one mix that has 3 types of tall fescue,its called Fun Lawn and is sold in 25lb bags for $32.50 + shipping. Overseeding rate is 8000 sq ft per bag. Most all seed is sold as a mix. I have had good luck with Drought Tough, its 90% fescue,10% bluegrass. They offer a product catalog that contains a ton of information on all their products.

3. john boylan

john boylan LawnSite Member

Bought my fescue seed last fall (10-21-99). Pennington EnviroBlend $1.00/lb., Dawson Seed Co. Red Fescue $1.48/lb. (up quite a bit from the 1998 price of $1.25/lb.). Seed in Alabama doesn't normally carry sales tax when bought from ag dealer, something you might want to investigate if near the AL/TN border.