Seeding after Broad Spectrum Herbicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KerbDMK, Aug 9, 2018.

1. KerbDMK

KerbDMK LawnSite Bronze Member

Most labels say not to plant seed for 3 to 4 weeks. Does anybody have any experience with seeding sooner and did the seeding suffer because of it?

Quali-Pro 3D applied on 8/3/18. The clock is ticking for my seeding job, and I'm wondering if I should push the envelope a little.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Delmarva Keith and KerbDMK like this.
  3. KerbDMK

KerbDMK LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Riggle, I thought you had posted about this before, but I couldn't find it in search.

I think I will kill it now and wait two more weeks until I seed. I have seeded PRG sooner without noticing any problems, but I don't want to have to do this seeding twice.

Delmarva Keith and hort101 like this.
  4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Quinclorac is 7 days. Most of your broad leaf herbs are 2 weeks minimum. I prefer 6 weeks myself, depending on rainfall.

We are almost in prime seeding time here in Connecticut. At this point, I just use round up to kill weeds in areas to be seeded. Wait time for gly is "after it's dry"

Delmarva Keith and KerbDMK like this.
  5. Delmarva Keith

Delmarva Keith LawnSite Senior Member

My only experience sort of like that is I once gave a weedy / sedgy area a full dose of sulfentrazone — then the sod unexpectedly and finally after a long wait was delivered next day :eek:. Sod placed and irrigated per usual. No ill effects detected.

KerbDMK likes this.
  6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Just for future reference Tenacity can be used prior to seeding if I'm right

Delmarva Keith likes this.