1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Seeding Problems, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by amodoko, Apr 26, 2008.

1. amodoko

amodoko LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to lawns and need to find out how to get some patchy parts of my grass to grow. I just got aeration done, and had my lawn re-seeded. I put hay over the seeds, but haven't seen any growth. My lawn gets watered at 4 AM on Mondays, Wedensdays, and Fridays. It has already been fertilized as well.

I can't get my grass to grow in the patchy areas, what should I do? Thanks a bunch.

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm looking for the same info. The pic I posted is the condition. It seems as if there's not enough top soil. Most of the lawns in the development look this way. I was going to offer over seeding and a light fert app. The entire lawn has small bare spots, should I straw the entire lawn or will a over seeding and fert app be good enough to get it to grow more. Any advice on what to do? The grass was over a foot tall in places. You can see some of the straw that is still in place.
    [​IMG]