sehitchman's equipment and work thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by sehitchman, Mar 7, 2015.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from USA

I love the ford!

JLSLLC likes this.
  2. A.Beaudette Services

A.Beaudette Services LawnSite Member

X2 love that OBS ford! she wouldn't happen to be a 7.tree?

3. Tyler Kershner

Tyler Kershner LawnSite Member
    Male, from Caldwell Id

Nice trailer!

4. OP
    OP
    sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Bronze Member

Cage removal, needed the space this week.

cage-removal-small.jpg

JLSLLC likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    sehitchman

This is a current project, that just keeps growing. I started out quoting a back yard forest area clean up. It was overgrown and many of the trees looked like bushes. The kids could hardly use the play area because of branches and scrub trees.
    Sorry, no prior brush clearing pictures, but I used the compact tractor, bush hog, DR walk behind, Pole pruner and dingo. There was 8" to 12" of leaves and pine straw covering the entire yard.

They had a drainage problem with water pooling so we agreed on drainage. The natural flow went into the neighbors yard, but they built a dirt berm which stopped the outflow. Rather than deal with the neighbor, I offered to make a dig through the berm near the playground. I was able to get 36" with the dingo trencher, but needed almost 48" I hand dug about 20' to 48". The total trench job was over 250'. The funny part, I decided to use the backhoe attachment to dig the final grade. Using a wheeled dingo, I had to fill in part of my trench or get the dingo stuck.

Trench-1.jpg

Trench-2.jpg

Trench-3.jpg

Trench-4.jpg

Trench-5.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    sehitchman

The next step was the drainage in the low area of the yard, connecting to the main drain.
    1= connect the gutters
    2= dig under the 4' sidewalk, note the irrigation wires and pipes. Then found a buried log and had to dig it out.
    3= Cross drain pictures, in the 4th picture, you can see the T connector to the long outflow line.
    4= The timber steps were already there

Gutter-1.jpg

Gutter-2.jpg

Cross-Trench-1.jpg

Cross-Trench-2.jpg

Cross-Trench-3.jpg

JLSLLC likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    sehitchman

The closest I can get the trailer is about 50' from the work area. I put tarps under the trailer gate to assist in stone clean up. Also, note the neat little DR powered wheel barrow on the trailer. Way less turf impact than the dingo. This whole area is a mud pit.

Trailer-n-Tarps.jpg

8. OP
    OP
    sehitchman

They liked my work, so asked me to put together a renovation plan. This is what I came up with. The fire pit was there, just never leveled or even circular. So I leveled the area and re-stacked. Then started the walkways.

Fire-Pit-and-path-layout.jpg

Walkway-edge-stone-layout.jpg

Walkway-excavation-1.jpg

JLSLLC likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    sehitchman

Filling in the barren area with Mondo grass, the prep included two yards of topsoil and a bunch of manure. This is as far as I've gotten, the other side of the walkway will also get Mondo fill. Three really nice Encore Azalea's now on the hill.

I've still got two beds out front to build, trim all shrubs and install new sod left on this project. Then complete a dry creek bed where you see the drain line in the yard.

Mondo-grass-install.jpg

Mondo-grass-reverse.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    JLSLLC likes this.
  10. A.Beaudette Services

A.Beaudette Services LawnSite Member

looks amazing! awesome work!

JLSLLC likes this.