1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Self defense out on the job site.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zz4guy, Apr 7, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm wondering if any of you carry self defense weapons such as mace, knives, guns, pistols, etc?

Do you think it is necessary? There could be a lot of pissed off people out there like mad customers or a loose cannon competitor that hates it when you steal his customers. Not to mention some of us carry a lot of cash around.

2. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

i know some people on here have a CWP and carry a pistol on them, i dotn personally because im not 18.

Chris

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

lets see, list of possible deadly weapons you might find me with in either of my trucks

Weed whacker, knives, folding saw, machete, chainsaw, chain, d-cell mag lights, shovel, ax, pruning shears, clippers, spare lawn mower blades, brush cutter, and my box cutter knife.

4. suzuki4life

suzuki4life LawnSite Member

i carry a 4 inch gerber knife but its not exactly for self defence. Its more of a tool than anything. However it does make me feel safer than not having anything at all. I could deffinalty see carrying a pistol in the truck

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Indiana is one states that allows carry with a permit and Ive had one for the last 14 years now. I do carry often, especially when I have to bushhog in bad parts of town for overgrown lots. Carying is a HUGE responsability however and if u ever need to use it, u better have a very good reason because it can & will end a life. Federally, u can use deadly force only if it meets five criteria. #1 if your life is in danger of death or grave bodily harm. #2 if it is unavoidable. #3 the danger has to be immediate. #4 not in commision of a crime. #5 needs to be unprivoked.
    A good book is "In the gravest extreme" by Massad Ayoob. Very informative and can keep u from going to prison for making a big mistake

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I got an M16 mounted on the roof of my truck and bullet proof windows.:gunsfirin

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 4 inch Gerber knife with a gut hook, my weedwacker, shovels, spare mower/edger blades, 32 inch louisville slugger behind the seat:D , various wrenches and hammers, And a bazooka!!! j/k:laugh:

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont service areas where it would be needed.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Where the hell do you guys work that you need guns? I dunno ive been doing this for along time and ive never even thought of this before.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a can of mace in the truck,also a baton and i always pack a knife mostly benchmade.