Self Employed- How much are youpaying for Health Insurance??

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
I didn't know where to post this, So I figured I'd ask since I'm on here & mowing equipment mostly
I’ve gotten quotes from $300-$500 per month for a family of 3. My wife’s insurance through her employer doesn’t end until May when she goes PT, so won’t know for sure until then.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
$80 a month for just me. you can get help in the marketplace. full price for me without the marketplace i would be paying over $400 a month which is more than my house payment. no thanks. :laugh:

the amount you pay is based on the amount of money you make and how many people are being insured. the more you make and the more people the more it will cost. other factors like the cost of living in your area may factor in as well.

zraffz

LawnSite Senior Member
$80 a month for just me. you can get help in the marketplace. full price for me without the marketplace i would be paying over $400 a month which is more than my house payment. no thanks. :laugh:
I need to move there when I retire so i can live like a king :laugh:

Thank God my full time job pays the majority of my health benefits because it is literally half of my salary.

jbturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
in MA, self employed like myself, can buy health insurance thru
something called health connector probably like the marketplace
or aca like you guys mentioned. caution, how it work is price is
ex. $350 month per person for basic coverage, and they give you
atc(advanvce tax credit) for ex. say $200 per month and you pay balance per month of $150. then at tax time, you must repay the atc, which I was blind sided with the first year

Top Forums