1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Self Employed- How much are youpaying for Health Insurance??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cvcook, Feb 3, 2019.

1. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

$1600 a month family of 4. 7600 deductible silver plan

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

can you pay him with apples, pies and good will like little house on the prairie?

3. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Going into my second year WITHOUT insurance. Had it till my premium rose from $770/month in 2017 to $1100/month in 2018 just for me and I dont take any god damn prescriptions or have any health issues...my parents provided me with good genes, that and I ate And played with dirt when i was a kid. Imune system is very good. I will be 62 this year and not planning on paying for insurance until medicare kicks in.

I am paying a fine for not having it last year, but that is peanuts compared to the annual premium. I will worry about what happens tomorrow when it gets here

RussellB and oqueoque like this.
  4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

I don't believe you have to pay the fine for 2018.

We have it through my wife's bank still crappy. $700 a month for family of 4. Each of us must first meet $5000 deductible for any and all services, doc visits, prescriptions.... Everything. So $8400 plus at least $5000 before the first dollar of insurance pays out. Thanks.

5. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

I lived without it the last couple of years, since it was around $1,000.00 for just me & the cheapest plan. I was in my sixties & the older you get the more it cost. I have Medicare now & pay around $135.00 a month

RussellB likes this.
  6. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

^Bingo

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Not having insurance in your 40, 50s or 60s is risky. I gambled and luckily was forced into getting it back. Saved me $80000 so far in medicine and treatment.Just one medicine was $15000 for the full treatment.:rolleyes::dizzy:(I paid nothing for it)
    I didn't even have a regular doctor before my 40s. Besides being sick you could be in a auto accident. Working outside you could be bit by something venomous. Treatment for a snake bite is $60000 or more. You're stuck going to substandard emergency care . Doctors and Hospitals are 80% about the money. Interns in the emergency rooms are for the poor to practice on. The Medicine companies do not care whether you live or die. They want their money
    Your paying a penalty for nothing. You pay a premium for piece of mind. That is worth a lot! I hate Insurance, so I understand. Just medical cost can bankrupt you in a skinny minute. Most likely you will be ok. Just never know what will happen from one day to the next. That is the problem.
    Medicare has been cut so far that most need supplemental insurance. That will cost you $300 plus per month