1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Self propelled leaf blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turftiger2, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Turftiger2

Turftiger2 LawnSite Member

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with a self propelled leaf blower? Local dealer has one from Giant Vac, a 16 horsepower electric start hydro drive. It sure looks big and heavy. Is the extra weight, power worth about the 1 thousand dollar price tag? Giant Vac no longer makes this unit and the dealer wants to get rid of them. They were selling for $2700 when they first came out. I appreciate anyone who has experience with this beast letting me know.

2. StumpBuster

StumpBuster LawnSite Member

I saw the same blower on e-pay. I am curious also.

3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I think unless you have huge open areas, the wb lb is not worth it. When pushing a leafblower, you are constantly pushing/pulling, moving it side to side, etc. Those self propelled are huge!!!!!

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I used that blower it was a bit too slow and weighs atleast 500 pounds but for 1000 dollars hell yea I would buy that. Thats a real good price and I have a hill I pushed a blower up all yesterday still fresh in my mind.

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have the eBay link so we could check out the auction?

6. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks........