• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

sell route and equipt...

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
Richard, I don't think kramer and nnnnewman made it to Michigan and made that big money with the drink cans. If thats what you are thinking of doing.

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Run an ad in the Newspaper - business for sale.
Price?? 1 to 4 week gross income plus fair market value of you equipment.

What has gross income got to do with it?? Gross income without gross margin and profit is nothing. Blue sky is nothing.

A percentage of profit after one year if the customers stay that long would be more like it. Contracts are generally not transferable. You do have contracts don't you ?? LM business generally are less than 12% net profit, so I would think that 6 months net profit would do it for a sales price. But I would cavet that with a clause stating the contracts had to stay for two years to recover that profit or you will alwasy be behind the profit level with that group of accounts.

Use equipment is usually just that. Not much more than 40 % of new price if in excellent condition.

Merging ?? Watch your ass there. Lot of flakes out there with no cash and a lot of blowing BS.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I bought out the commercial accounts from a lawn company for 7 weeks worth of cuts. In my area , I'm told the going rate is 8 weeks worth (gross) of cuts.

sunrise

Banned
we buy with no more then 3 week worth of mows price and they must sign a contract to stay 1 yr.
we dont buy the mower and other stuff you maybe getting the big problem of the business

Twotoros

LawnSite Senior Member
Around here the going rate is 6-8 weeks mow . Equiptment based on how new and how well maintained .
I did a purchase like this this year and it was a nightmare trying to make these new customers happy .
Some knew they would be dissatisfied before I even showed up the first time . If I do it again I will pay no more than 3-4 mows and purchase no equiptment .
It is better to buy new and get the warrenty and deprecation.
End of the season is a bad time to sell . Wait until spring and find a buyer and train if necessary. Just my thoughts.