1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Selling my Business?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jphag, Sep 14, 2004.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I am moving to another state and need to sell my customers. What is the best way to do this on short notice? I figured I could contact my competiors and see if they would be interested in any of the accounts. What would be a fair price? I was giong to ask 10% of what there worth. I will be moving in about six weeks so I don't have a lot of time.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

being at the end of the season, depending on where your located. you probably wont be able to sell them. i know for us here in MI. theres only about 6 or 7 weeks left in cutting, so it all depends on where your located and if their worth enough to make a big enough profit for the guys your selling it to for the next month or so.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It depends on whether or not they are under contacts and for how much longer. They could be worth 10% or they could be worth nothing. Personally I would only pay for accts in a staggered payment plan over 2-3 months to make sure they stayed with me.

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

this is not really on topic....but why are you selling your dixie already....didnt you just get it?

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

yeah i just got it. but i kind of want to sell all my equipment, execpt for my wb and blower. i want to get an enclosed trailer, redmax weed whips, edgers, and 8000 blower, and a hydro wb next spring.