• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Selling Progress YTD With Doorhangers

slflynt

LawnSite Member
Hi Everyone,

I am curious as to how people are doing so far in terms of making sales this season. I am new to the biz, actually, I am helping an LCO grow his business with plans to eventually buy into it.

Since Feb 6 I have put out 350 door hangers. This has resulted in 2 phone calls and two sales for 12-month contracts. So this is roughly a 0.5% success rate. I am wondering if you guys think I'm putting them out a little too early in the season, or do you think they are hanging on to them and I'll get more calls in the coming weeks. I would definitely like a little higher response rate.

When do most of you start your doorhanger distribution?

Thanks,
Steve

LawnBizCoach

LawnSite Member
Hey Steve. One thing I mention to business owners is to be sure that your door hanger has a call to action. Something that makes them want to call you right away.

Also, a door hanger that tells them more about the features of your service rather than the benefits the customer will receive will not be as effective.

Yours may already be doing a good job of this but just wanted to mention it.

Some of the large companies have door to door guys that knock on every door, put on the door hanger and then go back later in the day to knock again and the close rate on that is usually 3-4% at best.

Are you just hanging them or are you actually knocking on the door and talking to someone if they are there?

Good deal for getting out there and doing it....

OP
S

slflynt

LawnSite Member
Scott,

Thanks for the reply and advice. I am just hanging right now as I feel it's a little too intrusive to knock...I know others do knock, but it's just not my thing (I'm not the pushy sales type so I probably wouldn't be too effective). I'm also about to try a postcard mailing, dropping 10,000 throughout the month of March (2500 each week). Will be 6x11, full color both sides, professionally designed.

Thanks again.

Steve

stevenf

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a weekly customers who also throws bed maintenance my way all the time. She called me from a doorhanger she saved for over a year after I passed it out. She said the last guy failed to call her after the off season.

Summery: Any doorhanger is worth it I suppose, whether or not its passed out to early or to late.

JamesTerry

LawnSite Member
Great thread guys I just got my door hangers in and started passing them out. I got a 1000 printed up and have passed out about 250, so far no calls. I am going to attempt to try and post my door hanger on here. Also what do you guys think about my logo. Steve I agree with you I am to pushy to knock on doors.

Attachments

stevenf

LawnSite Bronze Member
Great thread guys I just got my door hangers in and started passing them out. I got a 1000 printed up and have passed out about 250, so far no calls. I am going to attempt to try and post my door hanger on here. Also what do you guys think about my logo. Steve I agree with you I am to pushy to knock on doors.
Your doorhangers look great. Who designed them?